Re: Looking for a circuit design for bandpass active audio filter

Mike Reed

There is one. Try "VEC-830 SSB Filter" I have one, but have not had the chance to try it.
73
Mike - N7ZEF

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 07:48:09 -0700, Donald Hellen <donhellen@roadrunner.com> wrote:

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 12:26:41 +0000 (UTC), "ka0kaf@bellsouth.net"
<ka0kaf@bellsouth.net> wrote:

I do not know if the kit from Vectronics would solve what you are looking but it may be worth a try.
Thanks, but if it's the ones on the MFJ web site, it's a CW only
filter. I was hoping to set up something that would cut the SSB
bandwidth as well as CW, possibly one with tuneable starting points
for the slope of the filter.

It also comes with an enclosure and I'd want to build it into the
speaker enclosure. So I'd be paying for an enclosure. I think a simple
active filter for this could be made with some 741 op amps and a few
other components.

My 7300 would do just fine but my older radios would benefit from a
decent audio filter.

I appreciate you mentioning this though.

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I

Join main@HamRadioHelp.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.