Re: Digital VHF/UHF radios DStar, DMR, or Fusion

Hank Lambert

I think it depends where you are located. Here in Central Florida it has taken off. We have quite a few reperaters in my area.

I am using DMR and I like it. Setting it up isn't intuitive and has a learning curve. But if someone in your area is already using it, they can give you their codeplug and that will help you get on their air much quicker.

73,

--Hank
KB4MTO / TA5ZC

---

On 2020-12-27 19:23, Donald Hellen wrote:
I have a DStar radio (Icom 5100) but I'm not a fan of DStar. It's not
easy to set up and if I don't use it for a while, I've forgotten how
to get it working again.
A local ham said DMR is the fastest growing type of digital radio in
the US. I'm thinking of buying an Anytone 868 or 878 radio. I first
want to find out if we're moving toward more DMR repeaters across the
country or not. We have only one such repeater nearby within range.
Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I

Join main@HamRadioHelp.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.