Topics

7300 with Ameritron 811H amplifier

Donald Hellen

Is setting a transmitter delay enough to have my 7300 work with my
Ameritron 811H amplifier or do I absolutely need an interface?

If the radio can work with the amp using a simple cable with RCA phono
plugs on each end what is the setting I need to set in the menus on
the 7300?

I know MFJ and others offer an interface, but just because they sell
one doesn't necessarily mean I need one for this setup.

Thanks in advance.

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I

Gil Drynan

You'll do fine on the 7300, but you have to switch bands manually on the amp.

gil

W7GIL

Is setting a transmitter delay enough to have my 7300 work with my
Ameritron 811H amplifier or do I absolutely need an interface?

If the radio can work with the amp using a simple cable with RCA phono
plugs on each end what is the setting I need to set in the menus on
the 7300?

I know MFJ and others offer an interface, but just because they sell
one doesn't necessarily mean I need one for this setup.

Thanks in advance.

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I

Donald Hellen

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 06:25:30 -0800 (PST), "Gil Drynan"
<gild@seanet.com> wrote:

You'll do fine on the 7300, but you have to switch bands manually on the amp.

Gil,

Thanks. I thought I replied to this but I don't see my reply, and I
didn't put myself on moderation, so either GIO is having issues or I
killed the message on my end by mistake.

I grew up with tube equipment so switching bands and tuning for each
is not unusual to me. I'll have to do that on the Johnson Ranger I
have waiting to restore it.

I'll have to see if the 10 meter option was installed but if not, it
should be a simple thing to do. It covers even the WARC bands, and the
10M position says "AUX" so there's a place for 10M.

I'm not a 10M fan but I would like to try it with the amp sometime.

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I