FEMA emergency management courses

Donald Hellen

I am looking for the titles of the 4 courses I need to go through for
FEMA certification for emergency management so I can help in the event
of a local or regional disaster. Can anyone help me with this?

I took ICS-100.

I see ICS-200 available. I though the 3rd and 4th steps were ICS-300
and ISC-400 but I can't find links to the training for those courses.

https://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/icsresource/trainingmaterials/

I see 300 and 400 listed though.

It also looks like I need to take IS-700 and IS-800?

Maybe I have it wrong and the ones linked to at the above URL are what
I Need to take, which is ICS-100, ICS-200, IS-700, and IS-800?

I'll be staying at my sister's cabin in West Virginia sometime in the
next couple of months for up to a week and might use that time to go
through the training. (They have internet there.)

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I

https://groups.io/g/CHIRP

Greg Petrey

Don:

I had to take 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800.  Additionally, spotter training provided by the National Weather Service.

Hope th helps.

Greg Petrey - KF5MHA

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 23, 2020, 7:53 PM, Donald Hellen <donhellen@...> wrote:

[...]

Greg . . .

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 03:31:45 +0000 (UTC), "Greg Petrey via groups.io"
<grpetrey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I had to take 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800. Additionally, spotter training provided by the National Weather Service.
I can't find the two courses 300 and 400.

I have the NWS spotter training and their advanced spotter training as
well. The advanced training, if you can manage to get into one (once
things return closer to normal after a Covid vaccine), is much more
enjoyable but also more informative.

If you're interested in weather, Radarscope Pro (tier 1) may be worth
getting. It's much better than what's available online or on TV, and
you can even measure rotation (difference in MPH) between radar cells.
You can also change the tilt of the radar to 4 different positions,
and much, much more. For Android it's $10 plus $10 per year. For
Windows it's $30 plus $10 per year. Tier 2 costs much more but it's
intended for businesses and includes multiple licenses.

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I

https://groups.io/g/CHIRP

David Edwards KN4OBW

It appears that the ICS-300 and above courses may be restricted through your local EMS office.

https://training.fema.gov/nims/nimsfaq.aspx

From FAQ section:
How do I access the course files for ICS 300, 400, and 402?
Answer:
Access is available through the "G" course website. This is a password protected site. The site address and password are provided by EMI to the designated State Training Officers and to Federal Agency training points of contact. They in turn will provide access to those personnel approved to provide instruction.

(Note: no password is required to access the ICS 402 course materials; however potential instructors will need to contact their State Training Officer or Federal Agency training POC to obtain the website address).https://apps.usfa.fema.gov/nfacourses/catalog/details/10620

Looks like you you may need to contact your local EMS office to get the scoop.

Regards,
David KN4OBW

On Thursday, July 23, 2020, 08:53:33 PM EDT, Donald Hellen <donhellen@...> wrote:

I am looking for the titles of the 4 courses I need to go through for
FEMA certification for emergency management so I can help in the event
of a local or regional disaster. Can anyone help me with this?

I took ICS-100.

I see ICS-200 available. I though the 3rd and 4th steps were ICS-300
and ISC-400 but I can't find links to the training for those courses.

I see 300 and 400 listed though.

It also looks like I need to take IS-700 and IS-800?

Maybe I have it wrong and the ones linked to at the above URL are what
I Need to take, which is ICS-100, ICS-200, IS-700, and IS-800?

I'll be staying at my sister's cabin in West Virginia sometime in the
next couple of months for up to a week and might use that time to go
through the training. (They have internet there.)

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I

KA9KQH

The typical courses I've seen "required" are 100, 200, 700, and 800.  300 & 400 are typically for "manger" level staff and I believe are classroom settings not independent study.

Donald Hellen

Thanks for the comments on these courses. I now know which ones I need
to take.

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I

https://groups.io/g/CHIRP